HSK (Chinese Proficiency Test)
The Confucius Institute at Oxford Brookes University is an official test centre for the Chinese Proficiency Tests, including HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi), HSKK (Hanyu Shuiping Kouyu Kaoshi), YCT (Youth Chinese Test) and BCT (Business Chinese Test) exams.
Our next set of examinations will be held on the following date:
- Saturday 19 November 2016 (YCT 2)
- Saturday 3 December 2016 (HSK 1-6 and HSKK Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced)
The deadline for registration and payment is one month before the exam date.
The Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK) is an official examination designed to assess the Chinese language proficiency of non-native speakers from beginners to advanced Level (divided in levels 1-6). It is an internationally recognised standard in assessing your Chinese language level and the result can be used to apply for Confucius Institute Scholarship (CIS). It is also accepted by universities in China and in the UK as proof of Chinese proficiency. The HSK tests level 1-2 include listening and reading skills only; Level 3-6 include writing, listening and reading skills.
The Hanyu Shuiping Kouyu Kaoshi (HSKK) is the oral exam and focuses on oral capability. The HSKK is divided into three different levels: Elementary, Intermediate, and Advanced.
|Level||Duration (minutes)||Vocabulary (words)||Total Score||Passing Score||Examination Fee|
|HSK Level 1||40||150||200||120||£15|
|HSK Level 2||55||300||200||120||£25|
|HSK Level 3||90||600||300||180||£35|
|HSK Level 4||105||1200||300||180||£45|
|HSK Level 5||125||2500||300||180||£55|
|HSK Level 6||140||5000||300||180||£65|
|Level||General Correlation to HSK||Duration (minutes)||Total Score||Passing Score||Examination Fee|
|HSKK Elementary||HSK Level 1 and Level 2||17||100||60||£20|
|HSKK Intermediate||HSK Level 3 and Level 4||21||100||60||£30|
|HSKK Advanced||HSK Level 5 and Level 6||25||100||60||£40|
More sample papers, audio recordings and additional material are available at the Confucius Institute.
We also offer YCT (Youth Chinese Test) and BCT (Business Chinese Test) exams. Please contact us for further details.
How to Register
- Register on-line at Chinese Test website (www.chinesetest.cn)
- Choose "The Confucius Institute at Oxford Brookes University" as the Test Center
- A passport sized photo is required to upload if taking HSK 4, 5, 6 or HSKK E, HSKK I and HSKK A exams
- All candidates must register and pay before the registration deadline.
- A confirmation email of successful registration will be sent to you once the full payment is received.
Note: Due to the time difference between UK and China, please IGNORE THE EMAIL FROM www.chinesetest.cn. The exact exam date and time ARE SUBJECT TO THE EMAIL NOTICE FROM email@example.com.
- You will receive a detailed exam timetable and location one week before the exam. The exam information is subject to our email notice.
- You can print out your admission ticket online one week before the exam, if you can’t we can bring a copy to you when the exam starts.
- 30 working days after the exam, you can visit Chinese Test website (www.chinesetest.cn) and use your admission ticket number to check your result.
- 45 working days after the exam, the certificate of your exam results will be ready for collection at our CI office. We will send you a reminder.
- The exam fee are non-refundable after registration deadline.
- Changes to the exam level and exam date can be processed before the registration deadline. Changes can only be made ONCE without extra charge.
- No change can be processed after the registration deadline.